In 1899 WJ Armstrong planned the construction of the building known as the WJ Armstrong Wholesale Grocers and had the DJ McCain Co. ship the lumber from Thornwood Washington. The building was constructed in 1900, three years before the Wright Brothers made their first powered flight at Kitty Hawk North Carolina. The building was constructed as a Grocery Warehouse serving Southern Minnesota from 1900 until the early 1980s. In 1981, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic sites "as the best preserved building and unaltered business representing an important historical link to the railroad." Find us on the map!